Health :: Celebrex Claim Info
Celebrex Claim Info
Some patients consider a celebrex claim because of the side effects of the Celebrex drug they use.
Dec. 2004, the FDA stated that: "Emerging information suggests that there may be an increase in heart attack and stroke in patients taking Celebrex. Please ask your healthcare provider if Celebrex is right for you."
Celebrex is a so-called COX-2 selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (NSAID) used to reduce swelling and soreness. Celebrex is prescribed to
- Relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis (the arthritis caused by age-related wear and tear on bones and joints)
- Relieve symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis in adults
- Manage acute pain in adults (like the short-term pain you can get after a dental or surgical operation)
- Treat painful menstrual cycles
- Decrease the number of colon and rectum growths (colorectal polyps) in patients with a disease called Familial Adenomatous Polyposis, an inherited disease in which the rectum and colon are covered with many polyps. Celebrex is used along with the usual care for FAP patients such as surgery and exams of the rectum and colon.
From the files of FDA we learn that Celebrex can cause stomach ulcers that bleed. The chance of this serious problem increases the longer you take Celebrex and with higher doses of Celebrex. Stomach bleeding can also happen suddenly while you take Celebrex. Stop taking Celebrex and call your docter right away if you get:
A burning stomach pain.
Black bowel movements that look like tar.
Vomit that looks like blood or coffee grounds.
Celebrex can cause serious allergic reactions, including swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, that may cause problems with breathing, swallowing, and wheezing. Serious skin reactions also have happened.
Stop taking Celebrex and tell your doctor right away if you have nausea, vomiting, tiredness, loss of appetite, itching, yellow coloring of skin or eyes, flu-like symptoms, and dark urine.
Celebrex can cause serious kidney problems, including sudden kidney failure or worsening of kidney problems that you already have.
Celebrex can cause fluid retention (holding of water in your body) and swelling. Fluid retention can be a serious problem if you have high blood pressure or heart failure.
Do not take Celebrex during your last 3 months of pregnancy because it can harm your baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding.
Top of this Celebrex Claim page.Here also info on Celebrex Prescribing Information and on the Vioxx drug, Vioxx Shortness of Breath
More Health Info